How to find us
Phi Hotel Bologna is located in the historic centre, just 100 meters from Piazza Maggiore.
Distances and travel times from main road exits:
- Guglielmo Marconi Airport of Bologna: 7.7 km (about 15-20 minutes by car)
- Bologna Centrale Railway Station: 2.2 km (about 5-10 minutes by car)
- "Palazzo dei Congressi" exit for Bologna Fair District: 4.4 km (about 10-15 minutes by car)
- A14 Motorway– Borgo Panigale exit: 10.8 km (about 20-25 minutes by car)
Arriving by plane
The Guglielmo Marconi Airport is about 8 km from the Hotel or 15-25 minutes by car..
Transfers from the Airport:
- By private car at an approximate cost of € 35, to be booked at the Hotel reception
- By taxi at an approximate cost of € 25 depending on the traffic, time of day, and amount of luggage
- Using Aerobus BLQ at an approximate cost of € 6 per ticket, which can be purchased on board the shuttle (the closest Aerobus BLQ stop is in Via Dei Mille, about 1.5 km from the Hotel)
Arriving by car
The Hotel is located in a restricted traffic area (“ZTL”) with entrances monitored by video cameras; we therefore suggest following our directions to prevent any fines automatically being sent to your home. Driving to and from the Hotel is permitted only when arriving and departing; in all other cases, with few special exceptions (electric or methane/LPG cars, accompanying differently-abled persons) circulation by car is not permitted.
Whatever direction you arrive from, follow the signs for the centre (centro), for the railway station (Stazione Ferroviaria/Via Amendola), or for Piazza di Porta San Felice.
The following streets may not be used to arrive at the Hotel for any reason: Via Indipendenza, Via Rizzoli and much of Via Ugo Bassi (known as the “T”). You can drive along Via Ugo Bassi only from the direction of Via Marconi, Via San Felice, or Piazza Malpighi for about 50 meters until reaching Via Testoni, the first street on the right.
After turning onto Via Testoni, take the second street on the left, Via Porta Nuova, and continue along Via Porta Nuova up to the intersection with Via Cesare Battisti, then turn right and continue on Battisti until the intersection with Via Santa Margherita, turn left and go through Santa Margherita until you reach the left turn on Via de' Fusari. Our structure is located on the left after approximately 100 meters.
Risultati della traduzio
When you arrive, you can stop the car on the left after the entrance in order to check in. Our staff will be available to unload your luggage. The car's number plate will be reported to the Traffic Office's online system at the time of check-in. Please note that reporting your number plate will not allow you to use the bus lanes or the “T” area marked on the map.
When exiting the hotel, due to the works on Roosevelt Square, the following route must be followed:
From via de' Fusari, turn left onto via IV novembre, then right onto Piazza Galieo, left onto vicolo Sant'Arcangelo, then right onto via Volto Santo, left onto IV novembre, left Cesare Battisti, right onto via Barberia, left via Nosadella, right on via Saragozza and immediately left on via Malpertuso: at this point you are on the beltway and continue towards your destination.
If you take the wrong turn when exiting the hotel and turn onto Piazza Roosevelt, it is very important to pay attention to the sign that then says to turn right into via dei Terribilia to be able to go around again and return to Piazza Roosevelt and then onto Piazza Galileo (see route for the exit).
Our private garage must be booked in advance at a fee. As an alternative, when you arrive you can purchase the city permit for street parking; this permit allows you to park your car in all the blue spaces of the historic centre, including the large car park in Piazza Roosevelt, just 100 meters from the Hotel.
Arriving by train
Transfers from Bologna Centrale Railway Station:
- By private car at an approximate cost of € 20, to be booked at the Hotel reception
- By taxi at an approximate cost of € 15 depending on the traffic, time of day, and amount of luggage
- By public bus at a cost of € 1.50 per ticket, which can be purchased at the tobacconist's inside the rail station or on board at an increased price of € 2 (please note, the machine does not give change): Shuttle A or Bus 25 and 30, which stop in Piazza Maggiore; Lines 11 and 27 from Via Indipendenza, which stops in Piazza Maggiore, about 70 meters from the Hotel.
Groups arriving on tours buses
Tour bus arrivals are regulated by the Municipality of Bologna.
Access to Piazza Roosevelt near the Hotel for unloading passengers and luggage is only permitted on weekdays (Monday through Friday), by following this route: from Viale Pietramellara (Autostazione di Bologna coach station), take Via Indipendenza to the end of the street, turn right onto Via Ugo Bassi, then take the first left onto Via Venezia and park on the right in Piazza Roosevelt for unloading.
Once passengers and luggage have been unloaded, the bus may be parked in the coach station (booking is recommended): click here
To exit Piazza Roosevelt: Turn right onto Via della Zecca, then left onto Via Ugo Bassi, then right again to enter onto Via Marconi and follow this street to the end, where it becomes Via Amendola; turn right to reach Viale Pietramellara again until you reach Viale Masini, where the entrance to the coach station will be on the right.
It is recommended that the telephone number of the driver or group leader be left with the Hotel to allow for quick and easy communication if necessary. In all cases, Reception must be notified ten minutes before arrival.
PLEASE NOTE: on Saturdays, Sundays, and all holidays, the streets of the “T” in the historic centre are completely closed to traffic; it will not be possible to travel along Via Indipendenza, and will therefore be necessary to use Via Marconi and stop in Piazza Malpighi for loading/unloading, later returning to the coach station (see the tour bus route at section2).
For more information please visit the Bologna mucipality's website.